Archive for January, 2012
Registration is required to attend the meeting and receive PDU credit. The following steps are required for registration:
- Navigate to the Birmingham PMI Chapter website: www.pmibirmingham.org
- Select the ‘Events’ link (listed at left)
- Locate the ALFISIG announcement –Review the details of the meeting and note the conference bridge call in information listed. It is imperative that you maintain the conference line information for the meeting.
- At the bottom of the meeting Alfisig Event information page, you may select Register and/or Download the presentation. You must select Register to obtain PDU for attending the event.
- To register, provide the required information on the form and press submit. Insure the email information is entered correctly. You will receive a confirmation email once fully registered to the address provided.
- You will receive a summary line of the registration and the cost (if applicable). If you have provided a valid PMI ID, you will not be charged for registration. Otherwise, a 2.50 charge must be paid prior to registration. Review information and select “Finalize Submission” button.
- The cancellation policy page will then be displayed for review. You must scroll down and select the “I accept the Cancellation Policy” button to complete registration.
- You will need to download the presentation and have on hand during the meeting.
Important: Check your email for confirmation notice immediately. If one is not received in a timely manner, it will indicate that 1) you are not fully registered or 2) you are registered, but did not enter a correct email address for confirmation.
Note: The meeting is provided at no charge to all PMI members and allows those attending to receive a PDU. For non-PMI members attending, a $2.50 charge will be required during registration.
ALFISIG will hold our first meeting in 2012 soon!
Happy New Year everyone, and we are looking forwarding to an exciting 2012 for ALFISIG.
Here are the details for the meeting.
|Topic –||Effective Project Communications|
|Speaker –||Bruce Paterson|
|Date –||January 25th, 2012 11:30 am, Central Daylight Time|
|Location –||Audio Only Meeting Call-in toll-free number. Registration required to attend and for details.|
AGENDA Attachment: Agenda – ALFISIG 2011-01–25
Bruce Paterson is a Senior Project Manager with Regions Financial Corporation. He has a 30 year career as a project and program manager, primarily in the Department of Defense and US banking industry. Bruce’s very first project was to manage the build out of a Data Center for the US Air Force, his latest is building out a new IVR system for Regions Bank.
Bruce’s varied experience as a project and program manager in the Department of Defense and banking industry has included the following positions
- Software Systems Engineer
- Capability Maturity Model (CMM) Subject Matter Expert (SME)
- Data Center Manager
- Chief, Applications Development for a 400 person organization
- CIO for three different US Air Force and NATO organize
- Senior Project Manager at a Top 10 US Bank
Bruce has been involved extensively with the Project Management Institute (PMI), serving in the Montgomery, Alabama Chapter as VP of Professional Development, VP of the Chapter, and President. He has also given many presentations to this chapter over the years. Bruce has been involved in numerous Department of Defense project and program management organizations; for example, serving as Vice President and President of the Montgomery chapter of the Armed Forces Communications-Electronics Association (AFCEA). Bruce’s academic qualifications include a Bachelor of Science, a MBA in finance, and he is a graduate of Alabama Banking School, class of 2006.
When not working, Bruce enjoys fishing, boating on Lake Martin, and taking vacations to the beach with his family.
He lives in Montgomery, Alabama, and may be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org for comments or questions.
2012 will bring some exciting new changes for ALFISIG!
In 2011, The Project Management Institute changed their policies for reporting, maintaining and earning PDUs. To ensure that ALFISIG continues to provide you with accurate and fair PDUs opportunities and reporting practices, the ALFISIG Board of Directors have strengthened the relationship between ALFISIG and PMI Birmingham!
On Jan 1, 2012, ALFISIG became a virtual community under the management of the PMI Birmingham Board of directors, mainly the PMI Birmingham Director of Education, Steve Volz. Reporting to Steve Volz will be the ALFISIG Director of Administration, Brandi Sheets. In turn, the ALFISIG Associate Director of Communications (Deb Ingram), ALFISIG Associate Director of Education (Shelly Vacko), ALFISIG Associate Director of Best Practices (Kelly McCay), and the ALFISIG Associate Director at large (Belinda Singleton) will report to the ALFISIG Director of Administration.
What new features will you see?
Our monthly ALFISIG meeting dates, times and conference call number will not change. You will be required to register for the ALFISIG event via the PMI Birmingham website, just like you register for the PMI Birmingham Chapter meetings! It’s that simple!
ALFISIG meeting will continue to be FREE for all PMI Birmingham Members. When PMI Birmingham Members register on-line, ALFISIG will happily file your PDU claim for you. You will no longer need to claim your PDU!
A small $2.50 charge will be required for all NON PMI Birmingham members. This can be paid on-line when you register for the ALFISIG meeting. All NON PMI Birmingham members will need to remember to claim their PDU for attending the ALFISIG monthly meeting.
You will continue to receive ALFISIG gmail reminders and you can always visit the ALFISIG website!