With the 2010 year winding down and the 2011 year hurling towards us, it’s time again to name the 2011 Board of Directors. All positions are open for nominations. If you are interested in any of these positions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include a 3 to 5 sentence paragraph with your qualifications. The positions and responsibilities are listed below. The deadline for your nomination is Friday December 10th. Voting will be conducted thereafter until December 18th and the new board will be announced on December 20th. Just in time for the holidays!
Each position is a 1 year term and worth 10 PDUs.
– The Administrative Director shall be the chief executive officer for PMI-AL FISIG and of the Board and shall perform such duties as are customary for presiding officers, including making all required appointments with the approval of the Board. The Administrative Director shall also serve as a member ex-officio with the right to vote on all committees.
– The Director of Best Practices shall have the same authority and duties as the Administrative Director but shall perform them only at the request of the Administrative Director or when the Administrative Director is not available. Also the Director of Best Practices shall be tasked with developing and maintaining a compilation of “best practices” as discussed and forwarded by the membership. This best practices repository shall be accessible at all times to the membership and will be alterable by the Director of Best Practices under the direction of the board. Additionally, the Director of Best Practices shall coordinate the record keeping of all business meetings of PMI-AL FISIG and meetings of the Board as well as overseeing the management of funds for duly authorized purposes of PMI-AL FISIG. The Director of Best Practices shall prepare the annual budget, present periodic financial reports to the Board and present an annual financial report to the membership.
– The Director of Membership and Communication will establish the venue for membership meetings and board meetings. Furthermore, the Director of Membership and Communication will be required to maintain the appropriate communications with PMI Birmingham and PMI to facilitate the membership accumulating PDUs or for any other reason required by either the PMI Birmingham or PMI bylaws or guidelines.
– The Director of Education shall oversee the establishment of the membership meeting agendas including the topic, speaker, and other business relating to the operations of the group as a whole.
– The Committee Member at Large will assist the Administrative Director and other Board Directors with their responsibilities and participate on committees established by the Administrative Director as needed.